New Monasticisms Ireland has invited REV DR Ruth patterson to speak to us on Saturday 20th October 2018. Please click on poster
Ruth Patterson is a Presbyterian minister, since 1988 has been Director of Restoration Ministries, a non denominational, Christian organisation committed to peace and reconciliation based in Northern Ireland.
- In 1976 Ruth became the first woman to be ordained as a minister in Ireland.
- Edinburgh University/Royal Bank of Scotland awarded Ruth the Alumna of the year in 2000.
- In 2001, Ruth received an honorary doctorate from the Presbyterian Theology Faculty of Ireland.
- In 2003 Ruth Patterson was awarded an OBE for her efforts in reconciliation.
- She has authored four books and numerous articles stemming from her commitment to unity and peace. Books – ‘A Farther Shore,’ ‘Journeying towards Reconciliation – A Song for Ireland,’ Proclaiming the Promise,’ and ‘Looking Back to Tomorrow – A Spirituality for Between the Times.’
- For many years now Ruth has been a Retreat and Conference leader within Ireland and farther afield.
- Ruth produces annual scripture guidelines for Faith and Friendship, an organisation in Northern Ireland inspired by Jean Vanier, the founder of L’Arche an international movement for people with learning difficulties. Jean Vanier is a close friend of Restoration Ministries
- Ruth has a chapter in Joy Carol’s book- Finding Courage.
- Ruth contributed to ‘Forgiving and Remembering in Northern Ireland – Approaches to Conflict Resolution’, edited by Graham Spencer.
- For tickets for this event please go to Eventbrite or click here – https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/the-gaze-of-love-tickets-50504736025?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
New Monasticisms Ireland is compliant with the Charities Regulatory Authority of Ireland – Charity Number 20076030